There’s a new opportunity available on the market. Perisic will be back to Inter after his spell at Bayern Munich. The Croatian could be an ideal player for Roma.
Each day is different in the global transfer market of players. New opportunities can trigger the moves of a club in need of a player in a particular role.
Ivan Perisic is heading back to Inter as Bayern Munich‘s head coach Flick recently said. The Croatia international could be a good option for the Giallorossi.
Could Roma move for Perisic for a top-level offensive sector?
The straight answer would be YES! But there’s something that we should take into consideration.
- WAGE: His wage is reportedly high and Roma is in the midst of a total restructuring to lower operating costs. In light of that, the Croatian star wouldn’t be the right move at this time unless the Lupi will be able to trade out those players that are currently not necessary for the project led by the Portuguese coach;
- ADAPTABILITY: Ivan Perisic would be a top option as a left-winger. He is the kind of player Fonseca may like. The Croatian star has the ability to dribble, score goals, and provide assists consistently;
- COSTS: The Croatia international may not be really expensive at this time. Inter may be willing to send him out on loan again. The Nerazzurri could even be willing to pay a portion of his salary in order to lower their operative costs.
IVAN PERISIC | Stats| 2019-20 Campaign
- Bundesliga: 22 caps, 4 goals, 6 assists, 1.202′ minutes played;
- Champions League: 10 caps, 3 goals, 3 assists, 423′ minutes played;
- DFB-Pokal: 3 caps, 1 goal, 1 assist, 131′ minutes played.
(Stats by Transfermarkt)
Where could Perisic play at Roma?
With Zaniolo reportedly out for a long time, the Giallorossi could move forward for another winger. Ivan Perisic may be the right opportunity on the transfer market at this time.
Paulo Fonseca could have a kind of instant-team full of experienced players capable of making a difference in Serie A. The Portuguese coach could play Perisic on the left offensive flank, Mhkitaryan as a trequartista, and Pedro on his favorite right side. This amazing trio would support captain Dzeko (if the Bosnian star will continue his professional experience in the Eternal City).
Four stars for a top-level offensive sector. If the Giallorossi were to move for a loan deal to sign Ivan Perisic, Roma may showcase an impressive offensive potential next campaign. Carles Perez, Justin Kluivert, and Lorenzo Pellegrini would provide even more consistency in the development of Fonseca’s football.